big accomplishments! This past weekend a couple of late night sewing sessions got my feather quilt top finished.
You may remember me mentioning this project a few weeks back over here. I am really happy with how this quilt top came together, despite how much work it turned out to be with all those odd angled pieces. Now I need to start practicing my free motion quilted feathers!
Once I had this bad boy crossed off my list I decided to do a little improve sewing. Last month, at the Indy Modern Quilt Guild meeting, we had a scrap swap. Most people just brought bags (and even one big box) full of all shapes and sizes of scraps. Everyone dug through and took what they wanted. The left overs were taken to a local art center. Amy, of 13 Spools, brought neatly color coordinated bags of her scraps. I quickly snatched up a couple of Zip-lock bags of double gauze triangles (that I am saving for a project to come), and a bag of her warm colors (bright pinks, reds, and oranges with a bit of black and white). I decided to make wonky log cabin blocks using just the scraps in that bag. There seemed to be just enough to make a baby quilt or wall hanging. It would be a quick and fun project.
Aren’t they lovely! They feel like fall to me. Well, these four blocks quickly ballooned out of control. I added a few of my own scraps, and now have enough blocks that I may make a throw sized quilt similar to Ashley’s Waterfall quilt. More things added to the “to be quilted pile”.